Basic Statistics for Industry
Basic Statistics for Industry is a workshop for scientists, chemists, troubleshooters, and engineers who wish to understand some basic principles of Statistics. The math is done using software.
Benefits of the Workshop
- You will learn how to make decisions in spite of uncertainty.
- You will be able to state the quality of your decisions.
- You will be able to calculate sample size to prevent doing too much work without doing too little.
- You will be able to predict future performance of your products and processes.
- You will learn how to tell if your processes are capable of making good products consistently.
In 1 day you will learn
- How to measure and report uncertainty.
- How to compare averages to see if they are different.
- How to compare standard deviations to see if they are different.
- How to calculate the sample size for a comparison of averages.
- How to place limits on future product or process performance.
- How to read x-bar and r control charts.
- How to interpret process capability measures such as Cpk.
This is What Happens During the Training
- You will learn what "Response Variation" is and why it is important.
- You will learn to measure and report Response Variation.
- You will learn to perform a t-test, an f-test, and a Chi-squared test.
- You will learn to calculate the sample size for a t-test.
- You will learn to understand the basic principles of Statistical Process Control or SPC.