Advanced Design of Experiments
Setting Objective Process Specification Limits
Transform your performance!
- Hands-on practice to solve real‐world problems.
- Gain confidence by putting your knowledge to work right away.
- Position yourself as a problem solver and trusted source of accurate information.
This program is for you:
- The scientist
- The chemist
- The engineer
- The troubleshooter
who needs to set robust process specifications.
The two‐day Setting Objective Process Specification Limits workshop teaches you how to set specifications objectively, using JMP software. Armed with this knowledge, you'll be well equipped to solve your specific product and process problems.
This course unlocks the mystery behind setting process specifications, putting the power of mathematical software in your hands. And in our training, the software does all the math.
Working in teams of two, you'll collect realistic data in a series of exercises, and use JMP software to analyze your data. You'll practice the methods you've learned in these modules:
- Review the Five Steps to Solve Any Problem
- Process and product specifications
- R&D and manufacturing working together
- Using a model to make predictions
- Monte Carlo simulation—the basics
- Monte Carlo simulation of a manufacturing process
- Testing process specifications with Monte Carlo simulation
- Estimating process capability (Cpk)
- Balancing product performance with manufacturability
Here's what you'll learn:
- How to estimate manufacturing capability (Cpk) for your proposed specifications.
- How to develop process specifications that balance product performance and ease of manufacturing.
- How to use a Monte Carlo Analysis to study the consequences of manufacturing specifications.
Gain these skills:
- The ability to use a mathematical model to make predictions.
- A wider arsenal of problem‐solving techniques.
- A greater understanding of DOE techniques.