Practical Data Modeling
Practical Data Modeling is a workshop for scientists, chemists, troubleshooters, and engineers in modeling data with regression analysis. The math is done by software. We can teach using your favorite software, or we can assess your needs and recommend a commercial software that is right for you.
Benefits of the Workshop
- You will be able to predict future behavior in your products and processes.
- You will be able to judge the quality of your predictions.
- You will save time and money by modeling rather than running multiple experiments.
- You will develop greater pride and confidence in your work.
In one day you will learn
- How to report and understand confidence limits, prediction limits, and tolerance limits.
- How to use mathematical tests for the quality of your models and how to interpret the results.
- How to use Least Squares Linear Regression to model data.
- The seven steps of data modeling.
- How to make a non-linear model linear.
- How to establish a cause-effect relationship.
This is What Happens During the Training
- You will work in teams of two, collecting realistic data from a simulated lab in seven exercises. Each exercise provides practice of the methods learned.
- You will learn to use the software during the workshop. You use the software to analyze your data. This practice on real problems provides the confidence necessary to use the methods immediately upon returning to work.
- Everything you learn is practiced during the workshop. Everything taught is demonstrated by real examples. Questions are encouraged. You won't have any homework.